Blush Lacquer's Midnight Masquerade , Partial Collection

by - Wednesday, June 28, 2017

 Hey Guys! Long time no blog, haha. I have been very busy this past month. I traveled to Richmond, Virginia to take my Interpreters test. I wont get results for several months so I don't know how I did. Then I was focusing on getting my Etsy shop up and running before July and I just opened it yesterday, so, yay success! This post has been a long time in the making , I've worn and photographed Blush Lacquers The Golden Hour, Candelabra-cadabra, and Kiss the Frog over the last 3 weeks and let me tell you they are all stunning! All 3 are from her Midnight Masquerade collection. This post is very picture heavy, you have been warned. ;p

The Golden Hour: this is a jaw dropping shifty copper red to orange to golden olive green shimmer , with iridescent micro glitters. My suspected favorite of the collective, this did not disappoint. I'm pretty sure I gasped when I opened it and that hasn't happened in a long time, I received several real life compliments on it as well. Dirty martini anyone?


  • 3 coats with topcoat
  • Slightly streaky even with thin coats and ample dry time between. This wasn't noticeable in the end result unless very close up.
  • Large brush, learning curve for me.
  • Easy to remove
  • I didn't get very good wear time, unknown cause.               

Natural light:
Artificial Daylight bulb:




Ok, next up is Candelabra-Cadabra, a lush bright green base with a warm pink copper to gold shimmer and the same iridescent micro glitters. Mountain Mama, take me home! I live in lush Appalachia and feel like the green runs in my veins, This is a very wearable green in my opinion.

  • 3 coats with topcoat
  • More opaque than The Golden Hour, still a little streaky, maybe its me with the large brush.
  • Easy removal.
  • I didn't get great wear with this one either but i did clean my house so partly on me.


Natural light:


 
Sunlight:

Artificial daylight bulb:


Last I wore Kiss The Frog. I didn't expect to love it as much as I did in the swatch photos, it just seemed like one of those deceptively pretty colors. Not so! Very good shift and bright color. Deep ocean blue base,bright green shifting shimmer, and tiny iridescent glitters that reflect the base.
  • 2 coats with topcoat
  • This one is more opaque and I didn't have any trouble with streaks.
  • Better wear, perhaps due to less coats?
  • Easy to remove.
  • Getting better with the brush, it picks up ALOT of polish though.




 Natural light:

                                                                   Artificial light:

 Sunlight:
 


Despite the slight difficulty I had with the formula and brush I love these polishes, and plan to pick up some others from the collection when I can. I really enjoy the rich jewel tones, apparent shifts, and tiny glitters that add interest by reflecting the base color. As far as i know these are still being stocked in Blush's shop, ill add links below. Thanks for reading and please leave me a comment letting me know what you think of this collection. Have you tried Blush before? I love that I "knew " Victoria before she had a brand, it's cool to follow a brand from day 1 and see it grow.


You May Also Like

0 comments