Lacquester "Mortal Coil"

by - Saturday, August 05, 2017

Hey guys! I have been drooling over Mortal Coil since I first saw it several months ago,but alas, I chose to wait to get it within the U.S. from Color4Nails. It lives up to the hype and was well worth the wait. All I want to write is heart eyes emojis. Be warned, this post is very photo heavy and I'm not sorry. I've included a comparison to similar polishes I own but none are dead on dupes.


Mortal Coil is a dusty denim blue base with color-shifting shimmer and holographic micro glitter that gives it dreamy night sky effect. Don't quote me on this but the shimmer looks like a certain mythical creature's excretions to me. Shifts from red,copper/orange,to green. Gorgeous multi-chrome like look. Onto the specs!

  • 2 coats with topcoat, easy even application and good coverage.
  • Easy to use formula, no pooling or pulling.
  • No trouble with removal, the glitters are very small.

Daylight Photos:
 Bit blurry , but beautiful!


Artificial daylight Bulb:



For my comparison shots I used Native War Paints Broke-lyn on pointer, Lacquester Mortal Coil middle, Takko Boyfriend Jeans on ring finger, and lastly Illyrian Demogordon. Illyrian is 2 coats, others are 2, all with topcoat.

Artificial Daylight bulb:
 Artificial, at an angle
 Daylight:


You can purchase this polish from Lacquester, they ship internationally and have many other beautiful polishes to offer. It will also be restocked at Color4Nails soon. Join the Facebook fan groups for updates, sneak peeks, giveaways and fun! I'll link the websites and groups below. Thank you for reading and please let me know what you think in the comments .


You May Also Like

2 comments