June 2018 Allure Beauty Box, Kat Von D Special, review and look

by - Tuesday, January 15, 2019

June 2018 Allure Beauty Box look

This is the contents of the box although there were a few variations. 
I have been a fan of Kat Von D makeup line for several years now so when I saw this box I knew I had to snag it. It was $10 I think and came with a sign up bonus of the mascara. Amazing value! I unsubscribed after this box though, I have so much makeup and generally prefer indie brands.  I received a mini studded kiss in Double Dare, a full size Everlasting lip liner in Lolita, mini Tatoo liner in Trooper Black, travel mirror, full size Ole Henderson Transforming Walnut Scrub, mini Tarte Tartist lash paint mascara. KVD doesn't usually sell minis except in kits but I consider the mini lipsticks to be worth $9 and the eye liner $10. Thelip liner retails for $18, mirror for $18 (good lord, its cute and sturdy but....) and the scrub $28. The mascara is $23 for a full size but this is a mini.

I already love the Tatoo liner, it's the only brush I've tried works with my hooded eyes. I do it so rarely these minis last me forever, I have one from a gift with purchase and another from a Sephora gift. Waterproof and never flakes or fades, I use oil cleanser to remove it.

I also love the Studded Kiss lips and sort of collect the minis in colors I will wear. I passed on a large size of this but am thrilled to have a mini. With 100 lipsticks you would welcome minis too I think. ;)
This is the old formula, it's since been revamped to be creamier. I have not tried them. Some of the darker shades were terrible and desperately needed this but the others were perfect, good coverage no need for a liner, even wear. I'm sad but I don't need more lipstick so not THAT sad. I did get a full size of my favorite, Lovecraft when they were clearanced out.

A full size lip liner? Awesome! I didn't have anything in Lolita, it's a cult favorite. Very smooth and versatile. I can always use more liners.

I like the mirror a lot and keep it in my purse. You can see your whole eye or mouth, or face so that's very nice and the wax seal is cute. I would NEVER pay $18 for it.

I don't use manual exfoliation on my face, I gave this to my hubby and he likes it. It's a feat to get him to use anything so I'm happy to have something he will use at least occasionally. Seriously doubt we will repurchase for full price.

I really loved the Tarte mascara! The welcome gift could be a variety of things but this was perfect. I like it so much I grabbed a full size for $11 at one of Ulta's 21 Beauty Days. Good separation which I really struggle with.


cute reusable box
 For my look I used all the makeup products plus Femme Fatale Pop Biscuit eyeshadow on lid, Shiro Normal Place Normal People in crease and I choose Sandwich on lower lash line. Highlight is Femme Fatale Dreamland. Lips are a combo of both lip products, this box affords a total of 3 lip looks. I used Double Dare as my blush as well.







You May Also Like

0 comments